Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Quick and Easy Pizza Crust

I'm not posting this because it is The Best Pizza Crust Ever. I've never even had any other homemade crust that I know of. I am posting this because it is quick and easy and tastes really good. Way better than Boboli, or whatever that stuff is called and you know exactly what's in it. You can top it with anything you'd like, obviously. The opportunities are endless. One of our faves is BBQ chicken pizza.

Just top with BBQ sauce, cheese, sauteed red onion (or any onion, really) and chicken (diced), and cilantro (if you like that). Mmmm!

Quick and Easy Pizza Crust

1 (.25 oz) package of dry active yeast
1 tsp white sugar
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups flour
2 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp salt


1. Preheat oven to 450. In medium bowl dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.

2. Stir in flour salt, and oil. Beat until smooth, (I just use a spoon, not a mixer). Let rest for 5 minutes.

3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. (I just press it onto a greased cookie sheet). Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan dusted with cornmeal. Spread with desired toppings and bake in a preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

ash said...

Delicious success!!! Jared always worries when I try a new recipe, but he was extra worried last night when we tried this with friends. I think he always has the closest take-out in the back of his head, just-in-case.

No need to worry, the pizza was delicious! I'll post pictures on my blog later, but this was super easy and way fun!

Thanks

Elise said...

Awesome! I'm so glad it worked out for you guys! Can't wait to see the pictures!