Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Oh, Mommy! Pork Tenderloin

Pork tenderloin was on sale at the grocery so I snatched some up.

So for Sunday dinner, I cut up a cantaloupe and made Linda's salad. (That should be another post!)

And the tenderloin took longer to cook than I was planning. I had enough time to set it down, take it's picture, and grab my keys to make it to a fireside.

When I got home, I asked Dan, "How was it?" His reply was, "Oh, Mommy!" I couldn't tell if that meant good or bad, but as I made my way to the table and saw that one ENTIRE tenderloin was gone, I knew it meant good.

I tried it and it was!


Oh Mommy Pork Tenderloin

5 Tbs. soy sauce
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 minced garlic cloves
2 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. pepper
(2) 1 lb. pork tenderloins

1. Mix all ingredients in a large ziploc bag. Add the meat.
2. Marinate in the fridge for as long as possible. Mine was about 4.5 hours
3. Cook uncovered in a pan sprayed with cooking spray for 25-35 minutes per lb. at 425. Or until it reaches 160 degrees.
4. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing and serve with the pan drippings.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Oh, yeah, baby, this is a good one! I am sitting here full and still wishing I could be eating more! I no longer wonder about Dan finishing off a whole one himself! Highly recommend this!!